Friday, March 26, 2010

Harry Proposed!

Yes yes it finally happened... Harry popped the question last weekend on Saturday March 20th. He knew he wanted to to do it that weekend he just didn't know how, when or where... he just figured he'd play it by ear. Harry's really good at just wingin things so that's just what he did. So the story goes like this... we were headed back to Cedar city from his cousins wedding in St. George. I was driving the big King Ranch truck because of Harry's broken foot. Harry saw the exit for a scenic detour up Kolob canyon and thought this will be good. So asks if i want to go for a drive and I'm always up for a scenic drive so I said sure... so we drove all the way up looked at the pretty views and headed back down the canyon. On the way down harry said I should pull over so we can take some pics so I did. We got out of the truck I sat on the back tailgate while harry scootered around on his little scooter for his foot. He then asked me to take his pulse and boy was it HIGH! I was like yeah... your pulse is pretty high maybe it's because you were scootering around... I don't know... and Harry (while "kneeling" on the scooter) then pulled out a seashell from his pocket with a ring it and said "It's because I want to ask you to be my wife" And naturally I screamed in happiness then while flailing my hands and arms I knocked the ring and seashell right out of harry's hand (that was funny) so Harry scootered over and got the ring I said yes and he put the pretty ring on my finger! I told harry that Kolob canyon had quite the deep symbolism to it.... he thought about it for a minute and said "oh... yes... yes it does... I'm awesome." Then it even got better when I told harry that Three years ago on this day he took me out to lunch to the blue plate for helping him with math so technically that was our first date. So for not planning this and for just wingin it He did a fantastic Job. I love you Harry, I'm so excited to be your wife!












3 comments:

B said...

Way to go Harry!! That sounds like a great proposal and I'm so happy for the both of you! Lucy I love you so much and am really excited for you! Harry I can't wait for you to become an even bigger part of our family!! :)

Anne said...

Congratulations Lucy!!! I'm so happy for you. I've been waiting for this to show up on facebook or something, cuz I never see you. But I knew it had to be coming soon. Your ring looks gorgeous from what I can see in the pictures, but I would love to see it in person.

Catherine said...

Awww!!! That's so amazing!! Congratulations! You will be so happy!!