Sunday, May 17, 2009

1st weekend in Guatemala

Hey so I'm in Guatemala... it's great. All the girls are very nice. My roommate is from London her name is Phillippa and has already been here for 4 weeks so it's great to have her! Here are some pics of where I'm staying. There was a protest right outside our house today... so we couldn't go anywhere until 3:00ish. If you look hard in the 2nd picture you can see the guys protesting... nothing dangerous just really loud. The Garbage on the Street is the aftermath. It was orientation today and then all of us girls went on a walk to find the pharmacy, laundromat, the market, and ice cream. Twas wonderful. Tomorrow we start working so that will be fun. Me and another girl go to an orphanage called mamacarmas it will be an interesting and fun day. So yeah that's bout it. =)








4 comments:

Abby said...

Hey miss... I'm glad you made it safe! It looks like you are having fun already. I'm so glad you took pictures already it's fun to see!

Becki Bob said...

Hey hon... SO glad to see this blog, Abby let me know it was here. Looks like it's going to be a great experience!!

Becki Bob said...

LOL... oh dear... where did BeckiBob come from??? ROTFL... I'm even a blogger... ;-)

Lucy Fay said...

haha wow Shocked to get a blog comment from mother... weird... =)